Families are stronger when they are together, which helps in the healing process. By staying at a Ronald McDonald House, parents also can better communicate with their child’s medical team and keep up with complicated treatment plans when needed.
When your child is sick or injured, you want the best care possible – even if it is hundreds or thousands of miles away. The Ronald McDonald House allows families to access specialized medical treatment by providing a place to stay at little or sometimes no cost.
At our House, families can enjoy:
• Home-cooked meals
• Laundry facilities
• 21 bedrooms with private bathrooms
• Indoor and outdoor play areas for children
• Special suites for children with suppressed immune systems
• Recreational activities
• Transportation to and from local hospitals three times per day
Much of the House’s work is done by dedicated volunteers. Volunteers serve as van drivers, help with yard work and cleaning projects, conduct fundraisers and serve on a variety of committees.
It costs around $72 per night, per room to operate the Ronald McDonald House program. To support ongoing operations, we encourage, but do not require, guests to make a donation of $10 per night (or whatever amount they are able) in order to ensure the availability of the House for future guests. However, no family is ever turned away due to an inability to contribute. The remaining amount needed to sustain operations of the House is met entirely through financial contributions from individuals, groups and corporations in our community and beyond who believe in and want to align themselves with our mission.
Total families served: 503
Average amount each family saves in hotel costs: $1,100
Total number of nights of lodging provided: 4,295
Average amount families were able to contribute per day: $0.60
“When we arrived at the House we were greeted with a warm cup of coffee,
a hot meal that had been prepared for us by a local church and a nice clean room.
When we came back to the RMH in tears one night, there were other parents
there to wrap their arms around us and promise us that we WOULD be okay.”
– Amber Schmidt
Thank You to our generous “Adopt a Room” Sponsors:
- Alpha Delta Pi – Beta Psi Chapter (UK)
- Gary Bizzack
- Central BankCyrus Dicken, Jr. Family and Friends
- Darley USA
- Don Jacobs Honda, BMW & VW
- Enterprise Holdings Foundation
- The Healy Family McDonald’s
- In loving memory of Tracy Briscoe
- James Monroe Homes in honor of Jonathan Boone Monroe (living room)
- Keeneland (2 rooms)
- Lexington Clinic
- Lexington Medical Society Foundation, Inc.
- Link-Belt Cranes (2 rooms)
- Nucor Steel Gallatin
- Southside Church of Christ
- Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Kentucky, Inc.
- TP Mechanical (2 rooms)
There are currently a few Ronald McDonald House guest rooms available for adoption. Please call Sarah Jordan at 859.268.0757 to learn more!